Please register for this trip.
Dome Valley Traverse
This track is part of Te Araroa (The Long Pathway). It first takes you to the Dome Forest lookout and then to summit. It follows the ridgeline through the forest, 4WD clay roads, and private forest roads offering some amazing views including a mystical Kauri grove featuring some very old Kauri trees. The walk itself starts fairly easy going but turns into a serious tramping track so make sure you are nice and fit for this one.
- · 8.30 am The Strand, Takapuna
- · 8.50 am Silverdale Park & Ride bus stop
Cost: $20 members, $25 non-members, $5 juniors
Organiser: Mandy Cunningham (Ph: 027 200 2369)
Non-members: Please phone the organiser to check suitability of the tramp
Maps: Online / Printable / GPS
- Covid in the Red Light Setting:
- Register for trips via our website. Non-members required to phone the Trip Organizer
- If you are sick or feel unwell please stay at home and self-isolate
- People attending Club trips will be required to present a “My Vaccine Pass” from the QR code app or by printing your Vaccine Pass from the "My Health Website".
- Please scan the Club QR Code using the NZ Covid Tracer app
- On trips where the bus is being run 1 metre social distancing and masks required.
- While tramping in public spaces where other people expected to be encountered maintain 1 metre social distancing and wear a mask
- See the Club website for full details about Covid restrictions.