NSTC Guidelines for Tramping during COVID-19 “Red” and “ORANGE” Traffic Light Settings
- Day Tramps: this is likely to be toilet stops only.
- People attending Club trips will be required to present a “My Vaccine Pass” from the QR code app or by printing your Vaccine Pass from the "My Health Website". (This is accessed through Ministry of Health “My COVID Record”). My Vaccine Pass Application
- If you are sick or feel unwell please stay at home and self-isolate. More on Covid-19 Symptoms
- Trip Organizer or a nominated Club person to check Vaccine Pass either by using “My Pass Verifier app” or sighting Vaccine Pass record. NZ Covid Vaccine Pass Verifier app This would be used by the Club to confirm a Vaccine Pass validity, but will not retain any personal details on the device.
- Please scan the Club QR Code
- It is recommended for drivers and trip leaders to schedule the minimum number of stops along the way
- Multi-Day tramps: toilet stops and essential meal stops only.
At the RED Alert Level
- Use the NZ COVID Tracer app if you visit any services or facilities
- Care must be taken to avoid interacting at communal points such as car parks, trail heads or sections of trail where physical distancing will be difficult.
- Regularly wash and dry your hands.
- Exercise caution with common touch-points (e.g. gates, benches, public toilets) and wash or sanitise your hands after touching these surfaces.
- Minimise the sharing of equipment. Equipment shared with others should be washed and dried before and after use.
- Bring and use hand-sanitiser or soap. Food should not be shared, ditto utensils or tools.
- Use of private transport: If there is room on the Club bus but you choose to use private transport you may do so, but we ask that you still pay the trip fee. If the bus is full or not used on that day, please pay the trip fee to the driver of the private vehicle used. It is the decision of the driver as to whether masks are mandatory or not
- Register for trips via our website. Non-members required to phone the Trip Organizer
- On trips where the bus is being run, 1 metre social distancing and masks required.
- Trip size on the bus is limited to 14 people including driver and Trip organizer to meet social distancing requirements
- While tramping in public spaces where other people are expected to be encountered maintain 1 metre social distancing and wear a mask
At the Orange Alert Level
Record keeping / scanning required. For Day Trips check the Trip Organizer or nominated Club person records your contact details (name, phone, email). The Club / Trip leaders should keep this contact list for a month, so that contact tracing will be quick if required.
- To take part in a Club activity please scan the Club QR Code
- Vaccine Pass required to safely allow no social distancing and run activities where people are in close proximity to each other.
- Face mask recommended while on the bus
- Limit physical contact with people you do not know
- When recreating in public, try to keep a 1-metre distance from people you do not know if possible
- At Huts avoid mixing with other groups or sharing facilities where physical distancing is difficult
NSTC Committee: 24th Nov’21