POSTPONED DUE TO SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
Please register for this trip.
Explore Waiheke’s Headlands
Explore stunning coastal headlands, enclaves of native bush and pristine sandy beaches (just 35 min by ferry).
Commencing at Matiatia ferry terminal, all parties will walk along the southern coastal track to Park Point followed by lunch and a swim at either Matarahui or Te Wharau Bay. This will be followed by a short walk through Pio Rehutai Reserve, a bush walk to the trig overlooking the island. From there, the Medium party will head back to Matiatia via a choice of shorter walks while the Longer party will continue on to Owhanake and back to the wharf via the northern costal track.
A reasonable level of fitness is required as there are numerous steps with 5 -7 hours of walking expected. Bring plenty of water, togs if you want a swim, camera, lunch and snacks. You might even get the chance to buy some Waiheke wine, olives, or oil.
Purchase your ferry ticket online before the day or bring your topped-up AT Hop card.
- · Downtown Ferry Terminal at 9.00am
- · Devonport Ferry Terminal at 9.10am
It is recommended that you join the boarding queue promptly as sometimes having a ticket does not guarantee a place on a specific sailing.
- · Matiatia Ferry Terminal to Devonport and onto Downtown 4.00 or 6.00pm (or every 30 min directly to Downtown)
Cost: Ferry fare ($42 per adult return, Gold card free)
Trip Organiser: Ilva Rupenthal (Ph: 021 2132975)
Non-members: Please phone the organiser to check suitability of the tramp
Waiheke Headlands map.pdf
- Covid in the Red Light Setting:
- Register for trips via our website. Non-members required to phone the Trip Organizer
- If you are sick or feel unwell please stay at home and self-isolate
- People attending Club trips will be required to present a “My Vaccine Pass” from the QR code app or by printing your Vaccine Pass from the "My Health Website".
- Please scan the Club QR Code using the NZ Covid Tracer app
- On trips where the bus is being run 1 metre social distancing and masks required.
- While tramping in public spaces where other people expected to be encountered maintain 1 metre social distancing and wear a mask
- See the Club website for full details about Covid restrictions.
· See the Club website for full details about Covid restrictions.