Kaimais mini weekend: 5-6 March 2022, Te Rereatukahia Hut
Leaving from Como St 8:00 am 5 March with pickup in Greenlane available
Te Rereatukahia Hut is a 12 bunk hut which requires 1 x Standard blue $5 DOC hut ticket but tents need to be carried as this is a non- bookable hut and a popular area for locals
Saturday morning we will drive down to Hot Springs Rd near Katikati and begin walking up the Tuahu Track. At the junction with the North - South track we will head North enjoying great views to the East and West of the ranges to the hut at 650m elevation.
Sunday 6 March we will return back along the same track to the bus. Hopefully we can talk the driver into stopping at KatiKati for a coffee or icecream on the way home.
Grading E/M (Carry overnight pack/gear/tent, Good track but uphill entire way)
This walk would be suitable for those wanting to experience an overnight trip to a hut. The walk will take about 3 - 3.5 hours but is uphill the entire way so good level of fitness is required!
Organiser: Garry - 021 269 2196
Cost - $55.00 per member (exclusive of your own Blue standard $5 Doc hut ticket - available from Bivouac Outdoor). Payment by 19 February please.
Driver - Bernhard
Possible option for fitter group to detour towards Motutapere hut and return to join main group or stay the night at Motutapere hut?
- Covid in the Red Light Setting:
- Register for trips via our website. Non-members required to phone the Trip Organizer
- If you are sick or feel unwell please stay at home and self-isolate
- People attending Club trips will be required to present a “My Vaccine Pass” from the QR code app or by printing your Vaccine Pass from the "My Health Website".
- Please scan the Club QR Code using the NZ Covid Tracer app
- On trips where the bus is being run 1 metre social distancing and masks required.
- While tramping in public spaces where other people expected to be encountered maintain 1 metre social distancing and wear a mask
- See the Club website for full details about Covid restrictions.
· See the Club website for full details about Covid restrictions. https://www.nstc.org.nz/news/11484061