North Shore Tramping Club
Starting with the impressive Karekare Waterfalls near the start of the Taraire Track, we’ll drop down onto the beach keeping an eye out for Pipit's and Dotterel's. With amazing cliffs, striking rock formation remnants from the formerly massive Waitakere Volcano and wonderful sand dunes there are photo opportunities worth getting your camera out for regardless of the weather. Heading along the beach, sand dunes and large wetland area and past the Tunnel Campground, looping back along the foreshore and through Pohutukawa Grove.
* Info about what was the Waitakere Volcano:
Track suitable for trail shoes.
For the Distance/Fit party - Ahu Anu Track/Comans Track Loop and Mercer Bay Loop. With plenty of uphill to keep the heart pumping the view from the top will make it worthwhile! And some time down walking the dune tracks too.
" Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell or you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
Please follow Government guidelines on self-isolatinghttps://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-information-specific-audiences/guidelines-businesses-and-services
* You are welcome to use your face mask and hand sanitiser.
* There are COVID-19 QR codes available for scanning as you enter the bus.
Maps: Online / Printable / GPS
To access the printable maps, download the zipped file, and either:
· open the zipped file, then drag the files to a new location OR
· press and hold (or right-click) the zipped file, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions