* Please note Red Boats have changed their schedule at 18th May, so this is the replacement tramp for Motuihe Tree Planting.
Ever thought there's not much bush walking around Albany?! Join us to find out how many bush and forest tracks there are! You'll be surprised!
This tramp today is a 20km tramp, that maybe slippery or uneven and does have some hill climbs and will take approximately 5 hours at a good walking speed. (There will be options to shorten tramp if absolutely needed, but the aim is to have everyone complete the tramp).
We'll spend most of our day walking beside very pretty streams and under the cover of mighty, towering Kahikatea, Tanekaha, Totara, Rimu, Kowhai and more. With gentle light filtering through the canopy and native orchids, mosses making for magical photos along the stream and the intricate network of tracks.
For those that did one of the new tracks with us last year, there are a few changes and more tracks completed again for 2021. The aim of the tramp being, let's see if everyone walks over a track they've not done before!
Trail runners, grippy running shoes or boots will be fine.
Please ensure you have plenty food & water, as we won't be near cafes except for the start.
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR GEAR IS CLEAN BEFORE (footwear, poles, bags, anything that might come into contact with the ground) TO PROTECT THE KAURI AND OTHER SPECIES AND HAVE CLEAN FOOTWEAR FOR AFTER THE TRAMP AND THOROUGHLY CLEAN YOUR GEAR WHEN YOU GET HOME!!! AND A CHANGE OF CLEAN FOOTWEAR FOR AFTER PLEASE!
* Only come out with us if you are well https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/alert-level-1/
* You are welcome to use your face mask and hand sanitiser.
* COVID-19 QR code available for scanning on our bus
* If you have arrived from overseas in the last month, please stay away.
As there is still a possibility of COVID-19 in the community
Departure / Meeting point:
- 8.45am to get everyone registered, we will depart at 9am sharp!!!
- The corner of Cornerstone Dr & Oteha Valley Rd, Albany
Organiser: Imogen 027 289 8440 (Please phone no text newbies)
Cost: FREE. No Bus Today!!!
Maps: Online / Printable / GPS