Botanic Gardens/Totara Park – South Auckland
When: 25th July
· 9am The Strand, Takapuna
· 9.15 Marewa Road, Greenlane. On road, by where it says NZ Tertiary College - by the pinky tree - opposite McDonalds exit.
**For pickups at Greenlane, please register via the site or contact the trip organiser
We will start the walk at Everglade Drive end, bush walking through Totara Grove native forest areas and bridle tracks.
This will take us into the Botanic Gardens proper where we can take time for lunch and to explore the many gardens and sculptures. With gently trickling streams, gorgeous large old Totara trees which give the park its name and the odd hill, there should be something for everyone – the park boasts 64 hectares of beautiful gardens including 10 hectares of native forest and more than 10,000 plants from around the world.
We will then walk our way back to the bus past the rhododendrons and back into the bush.
Track Grade: Easy/Medium - some climbing including two stairways; 1 up, 1 down, with well-formed trails. Good trail or running shoes are fine.
The café will be open for those who wish to indulge in an extra treat or coffee at lunchtime.
Ministry of Health Covid-19 Guidelines:
" Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell or you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
Please follow Government guidelines on self-isolating
* You are welcome to use your face mask and hand sanitiser.
* There are COVID-19 QR codes available for scanning as you enter the bus.
New Organiser: Pete W 021996242
** Non-financial members: Please phone the organiser to check suitability of the tramp.
Cost: $10 members, $15 non-members, $5 juniors
Maps Online / Printable / GPS
To access the printable maps, download the zipped file, and either:
· open the zipped file, then drag the files to a new location OR
· press and hold (or right-click) the zipped file, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions