Tamaki Makarau -Coast to Coast
The Coast to Coast is a 20km urban hike across Auckland from the Manukau to Waitemata. It takes you through landscapes shaped by 600 years of Maori occupation and volcanic history and through some of our finest natural and built heritage areas offering panoramic views from the tops of volcanic cones. The walk is part of Te Araroa – the Long Pathway and takes in One Tree Hill, Mt Eden and the Auckland Domain.
If we have a two drivers we will have two parties;
Party 1 dropped off under the Harbour Bridge and walking to Onehunga.
Party 2. Stay on the bus and start walking from Onehunga winding.
If we have only one driver, we’ll all start at Onehunga with the driver doubling back half way.
There’s time for an ice-cream stop along the way so bring your pocket money.
Good trail or running shoes are fine.
As there are Kauri trees in the area, please ensure your gear is fully scrubbed and cleaned ready for the day and bring a change of footwear and bag for afterwards on the bus trip back, to help protect and prevent Kauri Dieback.
All groups will tramp 5-6 hours approximately, there will be some steep hills, although nothing over a 100 metre climb, terrain maybe also slippery, muddy and will be uneven.
Depart: 8am, The Strand Takapuna
Cost: $10 members, $15 non-members, $5 juniors
Organiser: Amber 027-838-9483 (Newbies must phone to register please, no texts)
Note we will be starting/ending under the Harbour Bridge which is not shown on the map. Just a little hop, skip and a bit further along the waterfront.
* Only come out with us if you are well https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/alert-level-1/
* You are welcome to use your face mask and hand sanitiser.
* There will be a COVID-19 QR code available for scanning
* If you have arrived from overseas in the last month, please stay away.
Maps Online / Printable / GPS
To access the printable maps, download the zipped file, and either:
· open the zipped file, then drag the files to a new location OR
· press and hold (or right-click) the zipped file, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions