North Shore Tramping Club
* Please note at 18th May this was changed from Motuihe tree planting as Red Boats changed their schedule 2 weeks after putting the first schedule out.
Organiser: Imogen - PLEASE NEWBIES, please me to let me know you'd like to attend first, then register on the Auckland Council website also, so I can add you to my contact list for numbers. Members please register directly with the council & pop me a text so I know who to keep an eye out for!!
Phone: 027 289 8440 (ALL newbies please phone, no text please)
Meet: Tāwharanui Regional Park, 1181 Takatu Road, Tawharanui Peninsula, Auckland 0986(Please meet us in the big, main carpark nearer the beach).
Time: 8.45am (PLEASE NOTE EARLY MEET TIME!!!)
Tree planting commences at 9am.
Continuing our Club's annual give back to the environment, we will plant at Tawharanui Regional Park over the Winter months.
Those that have planted at Tawharanui in the past, it's a chance to see how well your baby trees from previous plantings are doing.
The work is easy, as the ground should be damp and extremely rewarding as we help to re-plant extremely important food sources and habitat for the creatures that inhabit the park.
Most tree planting is very well organised and then after, yummy bbq sausages and tea and coffee that the organisers provide at lunchtime, we usually head off to do a couple of hours walk after planting and see how many of the amazing native bird species we can spot in this exceptionally beautiful park, even in Winter!
(Cancellations: Subject to extreme weather - please check on the council website for cancellations.
If planting is cancelled and the weather is not too extreme, we will still head up to Tawharanui and tramp only instead). Bring your camera/phone as the sea views and bird life all around you on this park are gorgeous!
* Only come out with us if you are well
* You are welcome to use your face mask and hand sanitiser.
* There will be a COVID-19 QR code available for scanning* If you have arrived from overseas in the last month, please stay away.
Maps Online / Printable / GPS / Alt web map
To access the printable maps, download the zipped file, and either:
· open the zipped file, then drag the files to a new location OR
· press and hold (or right-click) the zipped file, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions