Hunua Falls & Cosseys Dam loop track.
Easy to medium difficulty
New/non-members please contact the organiser directly to assess suitability.
Approximately 9 kilometer loop track
We will begin our tramp at the Falls Road carpark following the Massey track up on to the Wairoa ridge and down to the Cossey reservoir.
There we will be able to have lunch and check for ourselves just how dire Auckland’s water storage is.
The Massey track is an easy well-maintained track. From there we will return to Falls Road via the shorter Cosseys Gorge track. This track can be muddy and we will have a small stream crossing very near the end (you may get damp feet).
On our return we will visit the spectacular Hunua Falls, a must see before returning to Takapuna.
All groups will tramp 5 hours plus, there will be some steep hills, and terrain maybe also slippery, muddy and will be uneven.
* Only come out with us if you are well
* You are welcome to use your face mask and hand sanitiser.
* There will be a COVID-19 QR code available for scanning.
* If you have arrived from overseas in the last month, please stay away.
Costs: Members $15.00, Non-members $20.00, Juniors $5.00. Organiser: Kevin Osten Ph: 0274 577 418
Maps Online / Printable / GPS
To access the printable maps, download the zipped file, and either:
· open the zipped file, then drag the files to a new location OR
· press and hold (or right-click) the zipped file, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions